Tuesday, July 04, 2006

< knock knock >


We spent a couple of days with Mamaw & Papaw last week - here are a few pictures:

Jacob: Knock knock

Papaw: Who's there?

Jacob: Boo

Papaw: Boo who?

Jacob: Please don't cry. That is a joke.

Papaw: {knee slapping laughter}

















The kitten is Boots. Jacob picked him up by every extremity - tail, head, feet... you get the drift. This is a laid-back cat. There is another kitten, Miss Hiss - should be Mister Hiss. It is so cute to hear Jacob pronounce his/her name. Ma-see'-us.

A couple of other cute things he's saying right now... He's learned a couple more shapes - parallelogram (PARA-RAMA-GRAM) and quarterfoil (QUARTER-WARTER-FOIL). I almost hate to correct him as he makes me laugh out loud every time he says them. I also made the mistake of telling him how old I am. "Jacob will be 3. Mommy is 30." Thanks for saying that out loud, son. :-)

In a little more than 3 hours, Jacob will officially be 3 years old. So hard to believe. What's even harder to believe is that we start potty training tomorrow. Cold turkey - as he is not interested in the slightest. We're hoping he wakes up with a new big-boy attitude to match all the talk.


We got to visit with Emma Kate while we were in Oakdale - she is so CUTE. I love her eyes and her expressions. These are just a couple of pictures of her that I liked.


I made cupcakes for Jacob's party at school tomorrow - CARS theme. I'll be sure to put up some pictures if I get any worthwhile.

Hope you had a wonderful 4th!

No comments: