Wednesday, November 08, 2006

< piano man >

This is the latest thing around here...

Last night, it was just the two of us - Joe had a work dinner. I couldn't find Jacob... THEN I heard the music. He had gone upstairs, pulled the piano bench out and proceeded to turn my piano on and start to 'play'. Now granted, I realize he is more into the BUTTONS and NUMBERS on the display than the music... but I couldn't help but get excited about seeing him with an instrument. :) I started taking piano lessons when I was 5 years old... I just wonder what Jacob will be doing in 2 years.









































Here's a conversation we had today (Jacob is under the weather with a cough)...

Me: "Does your throat hurt?"

Jacob: "Yeah, I'll hasten to it".

Me: "What????"

Jacob: "I'll hasten to it."

Me: (confused silence)

Jacob: (in sort of a singy voice) "I'll hasten to your throat"

We have been listening to '3 people' (aka our church trio, Encounter). Song #4 (Jacob's favorite) has this line in it... "I'll hasten to your THRONE". :-)

I know how easy it is to butcher lyrics to songs... when I was his age, I used to sing "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way... oh what fun it is to ride in a one-a-horsem sleigh". Or, you might remember this Oak Ridge Boys tune, "Come on in, baby take your clothes off". :-)

No comments: