Saturday, July 05, 2008

< born on the 5th of july >

Dear Jacob ~
Exactly 5 years ago at 3:39 am, the world as we knew it was forever changed. We finally met you for the first time, and found out much to my surprise that you were a boy! We didn't want to find out your gender before you were born (hmm... or was that just ME that wanted a surprise?!). Thankfully, we had prepared for either scenario and picked out 2 names. I thought for sure you would be our little Hannah Grace, but we named you Jacob Paul... Jacob because it is a good strong Biblical name (that just happens to start with "J", just like your daddy) and Paul after the grandfather that you didn't get to meet (at least on this side of Heaven). You weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and were 21 inches long.
1 day old...
4 days old...
And here are a few recent pictures of you... taken at 4.75 years, as you like to say. At your 5-year-checkup, you weighed 37 lbs, 4 oz and you measured 43 inches tall.
I can't believe it has been 5 years since you made our family complete. I almost can't even remember you ever being the tiny newborn I see in these pictures, yet at the same time it seems like just yesterday that I first saw your beautiful face. We didn't really know how much you would change our world, yet we can't remember what we ever did without you. This birthday is a significant one: you'll be starting Kindergarten in just a few weeks, and you'll be well on your way to being a "big boy". But always remember no matter what...
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.

4 comments:

Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Big Guy! What a blessing you are to all of us. We love you and we are soooo proud of you.

Love,
the Womble 4

MGK said...

Happy Birthday, Handsome Boy! What a beautiful baby you were! :)

Rachel Spence said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! Such a handsome little man!

Melynda said...

Okay, I cried when I read this post this morning.