Tuesday, July 29, 2008

< o captain, my captain >

The Marlers had a little family getaway to Tims Ford Lake this past weekend - some time to be together before Jacob starts school and we are tied to that school calendar. Here's a photo recap of our trip:

Check out Joe at the helm of the boat! They actually let him rent this thing in spite of his education (or lack thereof, as evidenced by that t-shirt). =) You know I love you, honey...
I don't know what it is about the water, but it sure does make a little bunny tired.... AND his boy.
A beautiful display from God on the ride back to the marina. A side note - Joe and I have a "rainbow story". The short version - let's just say that the end of a rainbow was actually beaming down onto his car the first day I was in it... and the rest is history! We both have Genesis 9:16 engraved into our wedding bands... so rainbows in the sky are very special to us.

A little bit of fishing on the dock near our cabin - doesn't he look thrilled? Thankfully, no one was hooked accidentally. Unfortunately, no fish were either!
And our last day there was spent at the huge pool at the state park. Jacob's sunscreen worked extremely well. I'm sure it would have done the same thing for Joe and I had we applied it. =0 Let's just say KFC was calling to see who broke their confidentiality clause and gave us the special recipe for "extra crispy"!
We had a fabulous time and might have caught the bug to have some sort of water vehicle of our own, whether it be a pontoon, jet ski, or something else entirely. We'll see if the interest holds til next spring before we make any decisions. Maybe some friends can join us if we do??!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Looks like you had fun fun fun! Daddy is all about the lake and camping. I, on the other hand, remember too much from microbiology. :-) I'm going to have to get over it b/c I know my family would love it!