The porch lights are off and Halloween '08 is officially over at the Marler house. This is what it looked like here tonight:
When asked what he wanted to be for Halloween, Jacob said without hesitation "a calculator!!!" Really, is anyone surprised? Since the calculator costume hasn't gone "mainstream" yet, we purchased the supplies from Hobby Lobby and made our own. =)
He got lots of compliments on his calculator, and people even asked him math questions. One lady said, "I have a math problem for you... what is 2+2?" He said, "It's four. What's 1 dectillion + 1 dectillion?" She didn't say much after that. =)Dectillion is the new favorite number in our house. It's uttered around here about 1 dectillion times per day. In case you're wondering what a dectillion is, it is 10 to the 33rd power... and this is what it looks like:
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween night and that all the kiddos get over the sugar rush SOON!
Hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween night and that all the kiddos get over the sugar rush SOON!
3 comments:
Great costume!! It even looked good on mom!! Jacob you are truly amazing and you have a fantastic imagination.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I don't even have words about that calculator!
SUPER!!!!! I love the creativity (Jacob's to envision it and Mom's to execute it). I bet you were a big hit, Jacob. Benjamin and Leah said they miss you and that they like your costume also.
Post a Comment