Tuesday, January 01, 2008

< project:366 >


01/01/08, originally uploaded by microgirl32.

res·o·lu·tion
[rez-uh-loo-shuhn] noun

a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.


So I'm not really one for resolutions, but I've decided to attempt to take a photo a day during 2008. I'm putting this out here for a bit of accountability. In the back of my head I'll be thinking, "If I don't make my goal, then they'll all know that I'm a loser!" I think I'll be adding all of the images to my flickr account. I've got a cool widget-thingy that links to my set on the left.

I'm not focusing on any one particular theme for the year. I'm not looking to create 366 breathtaking masterpieces... or even 366 of the most technically perfect images. I want to shoot just for me and capture a little slice of our life each day, from the significant all the way down to the seemingly trivial.

And I think that just might be a masterpiece in the making.

Happy New Year!!

ETA: Just so you don't all think I've fallen off the rocker by day 2... I'll probably be updating images to project:366 only once per week or so. I almost missed what I wanted to photograph for day 2 b/c I had taken my card out of the camera last night. OOPS!

3 comments:

Mommy said...

I'm tuned in for the show. Ready. Set. Shoot.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it! Sounds like a great goal.

MGK said...

very groovy. i can't wait to see what unfolds. ;)