Although there are many reasons that public school wasn't a good fit for us, I would say that both Jacob and I sort of miss these group events. I mean, I just can't magically produce 19 other kids to throw a good egg hunt, or take a field trip, or have recess with. Just the other day over lunch, Jacob was comparing homeschool with his old school... a student-teacher conference, of sorts. He told me that I was all thumbs up in everything - except just one category...
"Well... at your school, I'm the only student and that's the only tiny reason you get an X in that category and where my other school was better. But I still prefer your school in all the other categories!!"
Not an A+, but I'll take it! I asked if he wanted to go back to a regular school next year where he could meet some new friends, but he said he'd rather go to my school for a few more years. I'll take every moment I can get with this sweet little boy.



1 comment:
Awww, how sweet. I'm glad its going well. When you are able to meet a group of homeschoolers, it will really start to fill that missing piece. That is what kept my children balanced...and me sane! Enjoy!
Post a Comment